Ottery set for flower bonanza
OTTERY is all set for a five day flower spectacular that begins next week.
The Parish Church Flower Festival will take place from Thursday, September 16, to Monday, September 20.
More than 1,000 visitors are expected to attend the event, which takes place in the church every two years.
Displays will have a ‘showtime’ theme with floral arrangements centred on Broadway and West End shows.
Organiser Carol Bennett said the town is in for a real treat. “This festival shows the talents and imagination of flower arrangers,” she said, “Ottery’s church gives the perfect backdrop, and it is wonderful to see this historic and much loved building bursting with colour and fragrance.”
You may also want to watch:
The festival is a major fundraiser for the church.
- 1 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 2 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 3 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
- 9 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 10 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers