Ottery St Mary-based business scoops 10 industry awards
- Credit: Archant
Chunk of Devon lands haul at Food and Drink Devon Awards
An Ottery business scooped 10 accolades for its savoury pies and bakes at the Food and Drink Devon Awards.
Chunk of Devon took home six Taste of Devon golds, three silvers and the illustrious platinum award for scoring 100 per cent from judges for its pork and scrumpy pasty. Owners Suzi Bryon-Edmond and her husband Simon attended a special ceremony at the Deer Park.
Of Chunk’s recipe for success, Suzi said: “It’s determination and keeping the passion and just keep going.”
Chunk claimed gold for its pork, apple and scrumpy sausage roll; pork and chorizo sausage roll; steak and ale pie; steak pasty; steak and blue pasty; and squealer pork pie.
You may also want to watch:
The haul was an increase on last year’s six awards, but Suzi added that staff ‘never rest on their laurels’ and aimed to take on judges’ feedback to improve their products.
“We have a mantra that it’s tasty, special, natural - that’s how we want to come across both in and outside the business,” she said.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 5 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 6 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 7 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
Otter Nurseries also tasted success at the ceremony, winning a gold award for its raspberry jam.