Ottery St Mary-based business scoops 10 industry awards
- Credit: Archant
Chunk of Devon lands haul at Food and Drink Devon Awards
An Ottery business scooped 10 accolades for its savoury pies and bakes at the Food and Drink Devon Awards.
Chunk of Devon took home six Taste of Devon golds, three silvers and the illustrious platinum award for scoring 100 per cent from judges for its pork and scrumpy pasty. Owners Suzi Bryon-Edmond and her husband Simon attended a special ceremony at the Deer Park.
Of Chunk’s recipe for success, Suzi said: “It’s determination and keeping the passion and just keep going.”
Chunk claimed gold for its pork, apple and scrumpy sausage roll; pork and chorizo sausage roll; steak and ale pie; steak pasty; steak and blue pasty; and squealer pork pie.
You may also want to watch:
The haul was an increase on last year’s six awards, but Suzi added that staff ‘never rest on their laurels’ and aimed to take on judges’ feedback to improve their products.
“We have a mantra that it’s tasty, special, natural - that’s how we want to come across both in and outside the business,” she said.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
Otter Nurseries also tasted success at the ceremony, winning a gold award for its raspberry jam.