Ottery St Mary Chamber of Commerce Christmas light fund appeal
- Credit: Archant
More donations needed or display will be ‘significantly reduced’
Ottery Chamber of Commerce has issued an appeal to help meet a shortfall in the town’s Christmas lights fund.
Contributions are desperately needed to cover the cost of this year’s festive display or organisers say it will have to be ‘significantly reduced’.
A drop in membership has seen donations plummet and the organisation cannot afford to meet its half of a funding agreement with the town council.
Chair of the chamber of commerce Viv Abbott said: “The situation is that without funds either the chamber needs to find new donations or this year’s display will be significantly reduced. With this in mind, we are appealing to the public or any organisations or businesses who would wish to step forward and hopefully fill in this shortfall.”
You may also want to watch:
The Christmas lights switch-on is a major event in the Ottery calendar and draw scores of shoppers to the town’s businesses.
Anyone who would like to find out more or offer support can contact secretary Graham Harvey on 01404 812001.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 10 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp