New plans for town centre enhancement project
- Credit: Archant
A new interpretation board has been installed as part of the town council’s proposed town tours..
Ottery St Mary Town Council is planning a new town centre enhancement to attract visitors and increase footfall in the area.
The project, named ‘The Cultural Triangle’, is due to start in spring 2019 and aims to create tours in conjunction with the Information Centre past the parish church, Queen Victoria’s Monument, the Poet’s Corner, the new library and the Heritage Museum.
The council has installed the interpretation board outside of the new library, focusing on the Poet’s Corner, as well as giving details of the Cultural Triangle project.
The interpretation board was crafted by the Men’s Shed and uses white oak.
You may also want to watch:
The cost of the board was covered by the remaining Sainsbury’s S106 money allocated for the Poet’s Corner project.
- 1 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council