New plans for town centre enhancement project
- Credit: Archant
A new interpretation board has been installed as part of the town council’s proposed town tours..
Ottery St Mary Town Council is planning a new town centre enhancement to attract visitors and increase footfall in the area.
The project, named ‘The Cultural Triangle’, is due to start in spring 2019 and aims to create tours in conjunction with the Information Centre past the parish church, Queen Victoria’s Monument, the Poet’s Corner, the new library and the Heritage Museum.
The council has installed the interpretation board outside of the new library, focusing on the Poet’s Corner, as well as giving details of the Cultural Triangle project.
The interpretation board was crafted by the Men’s Shed and uses white oak.
You may also want to watch:
The cost of the board was covered by the remaining Sainsbury’s S106 money allocated for the Poet’s Corner project.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal