Ottery St Mary Scouts join patriotic parade for St George’s Day
- Credit: Archant
Fine weather hopes for Sunday’s event
Ottery scouts will be stepping out in proud patriotic style on Sunday to take part in the St George’s Day Parade.
This marks one of the most important dates in the scouting calendar, when beavers, cubs, scouts, explorers, brownies, guides and leaders will all gather for a procession through the town to the parish church. The event starts at 2pm, when the parade leaves the Land of Canaan car park, heads up Silver Street and finishes at 2.30pm with a service, which is due to last around 45 minutes.
Scout leader John Green said: “It is an honour for the Ottery St Mary Scouts to be hosting this event.
“We are looking forward to a fine day and good turnout.”
You may also want to watch:
He added that St George was the patron saint of scouting so it was a fitting tribute from the groups.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites