Still time to seek community grants
- Credit: Terry Ife
Organisations providing services that offer ‘a clear and demonstrable benefit’ to Ottery St Mary residents still have time to apply for a community grant of up to £2,000.
The grants are awarded annually by Ottery Town Council out of public funds.
The application deadline is October 31 and the successful applicants formally receive their grants at the annual parish meeting, usually held the following April.
The applications are open to any local society with charitable, voluntary or not-for-profit status, community group or club, community interest company or charity, if they are based in the parish and/or operating for the benefit of its residents.
The grants must be intended for a specific purpose, not as a general boost to the organisation’s funding; for example, buying computers, sports equipment, craft materials for a project; upgrading existing facilities; training costs or start-up costs for a new initiative.
For further details of eligibility and to download an application form, visit the Ottery St Mary Town Council website.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Sidmouth's Repo Man TV star Sean doubles as Marvel film superhero
- 8 A remarkably good 50th anniversary for Sidmouth Music
- 9 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 10 Sidmouth undone by powerful St Austell performance