Future Carnival Queen Abigail doubles fundraising total
- Credit: Archant
Abigail’s challenge raises money for Ottery Tar Barrels and Carnival.
A brave 12-year-old from Ottery has doubled her fundraising target after ziplining along a Cornish quarry to raise money for the town's tar barrels and carnival.
Abigail Gibbons leapt from a height of 50 metres before zipping down a line at an adrenalin quarry in Liskeard on Saturday, June 1.
Her proud family watched on as she bravely went over the edge of a 50-metre cliff edge at the quarry, before descending down the 490 metre long zip wire.
She set herself the challenge to raise at least £150 for the events as she will be Carnival Queen in 2020.
You may also want to watch:
Her mum Sarah said: "Abigail was nervous beforehand but extremely excited. She has exceeded her £150 goal and has almost hit £300. When she had finished she came running up the hill "can I do it again?!"
"Abigail is very thankful to everyone that has supported her, including the shops in Ottery that have had collecting tins for her. Everyone has been so kind and all for a very good cause."
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Set aside a wild patch in your garden - better to watch than the television!