Ottery tar barrels explosion: mayor defends tradition
OTTERY'S mayor has defended the town s Tar Barrel tradition and slammed the idiot who caused an explosion during festivities on Thursday.
OTTERY'S mayor has defended the town's Tar Barrel tradition and slammed the "idiot" who caused an explosion during festivities on Thursday.
"The Tar Barrel organisers do everything they can to make it as safe as possible and then one idiot comes along," said Mr Glyn Dobson.
"Fifteen thousand people come to enjoy themselves and the actions of one individual has put the whole thing at risk."
Mr Dobson has urged anyone with information to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
He added: "If someone doesn't want to contact the police with information for any reason, then they can contact the town council offices."
Anyone with information can contact police on 08452 444 777.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman