Ottery tar barrels explosion: mayor defends tradition
OTTERY'S mayor has defended the town s Tar Barrel tradition and slammed the idiot who caused an explosion during festivities on Thursday.
OTTERY'S mayor has defended the town's Tar Barrel tradition and slammed the "idiot" who caused an explosion during festivities on Thursday.
"The Tar Barrel organisers do everything they can to make it as safe as possible and then one idiot comes along," said Mr Glyn Dobson.
"Fifteen thousand people come to enjoy themselves and the actions of one individual has put the whole thing at risk."
Mr Dobson has urged anyone with information to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
He added: "If someone doesn't want to contact the police with information for any reason, then they can contact the town council offices."
Anyone with information can contact police on 08452 444 777.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Pianist set to delight audiences in 50th anniversary season
- 9 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching
- 10 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live