Ottery teen to head to Junior Rugby World Cup in Japan
- Credit: Archant
A ‘rugby nut’ teenager will be heading to Japan this spring after being selected to represent England in the Junior Rugby World Cup.
Elliott Plance, 17, is part of the 30-strong squad selected for the under 18s tournament this April to go up against international teams across the 10-day period.
He now needs to raise £1,500 in sponsorship to cover the trip and has organised sponsored events including a bike ride.
Altogether, the team is trying to raise £40,000 to fund the trip.
Elliott said: “Having grown up in Ottery and attended both the primary and The Kings School, I’m delighted that local businesses are willing to support me.”
You may also want to watch:
His mum Theresa, who owns Salters Garage, added: “We’re a family of rugby nuts. This is an outstanding achievement and great life experience for him. Anything you can do to help, however small, would be greatly appreciated.”
If you would like to sponsor, contact the garage on 01404 812054.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman