Ottery teens prepare to cycle 100 miles for air ambulance
- Credit: Archant
A pair of Ottery teenagers are preparing to saddle up once again and go the distance for the Devon Air Ambulance.
Aidan Pearcy and Jack Dallyn, both 15, will be cycling 100 miles for the charity next Thursday (August 31) starting from the Land of Canaan towards Dartmoor, before looping back to Ottery.
The King’s School pupils only took up cycling a couple of years ago but have decided to use their passion to raise money for good causes.
Last year, they raised £1,400 for Cancer Research UK in memory of Aidan’s mum, Mags, who died from cancer when he was very young.
The challenge was 52-miles around the coast, but the boys decided to challenge themselves by doubling the route.
You may also want to watch:
Aidan said: “We chose the charity because we thought about if anything happened while we were on our bikes. You never know when you might need the air ambulance and they save a lot of lives.
“We have been going out a lot because it’s the holidays. We recently cycled up to Haytor and we decided ‘let’s work for it and let’s make it a big challenge’.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
They have set themselves a target of between £250 and £500.
Aidan said: “We did well last time; I lost my mum to cancer and a lot of people who knew my mum donated last year. We’re aiming for about £250 to £500 to start; every little helps.
“Cycling is something we enjoy and we thought we might as well do something good with it.”
If you would like to donate, visit the boys’ Just Giving page at www.justgiving.com/fundraising/aidan-jackn-charity-ride-2017 or by calling Aidan on 01404 811335.