Ottery to get 'Bloomin Big Tidy Up'
OTTERY will be given a spring clean later this month when groups in the town embark on a Bloomin Big Tidy Up .
OTTERY will be given a spring clean later this month when groups in the town embark on a "Bloomin' Big Tidy Up".
Ottery In Bloom has teamed up with the Cleaner Ottery Working Group to organise the clean-up on March 28 to ensure some of the town's highlights, especially those still bearing the scars of last years flood chaos, are restored to sparkling condition.
Organiser and Ottery In Bloom member Sarah Clarke said: "We want residents and visitors to our town to be able to enjoy the beauty that is Ottery at its best, without being blighted by litter or reminders of the terrible flooding."
"This tidy up will show others that we care about the future of our local environment."
You may also want to watch:
"Areas such as the Tumbling Weir have large amounts of debris and rubbish have been left after the flooding and this is an ideal opportunity for the community to come together to clean this up."
Sarah has invited all of Ottery's groups and residents to lend a hand when tidy-uppers meet at the Old Station Car Park at 10 am the 28th.
- 1 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 2 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 3 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 4 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 5 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 6 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 8 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 9 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 10 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
She said: "The collected rubbish will be recycled as much as possible. We hope that as many volunteers as possible will come and join us so that the rest of the community gets the message that dropping litter is simply not on."
The Ottery Big Tidy Up will takes place at: The Tumbling Weir- on the Head weir footpath from Cadhay Bridge Farm, The Millennium Green footpath to the Claremont Field estate, and Alfington Road- from Ottery Football club to Otter Nurseries.