Ottery to get lowdown on gas pipeline work and other news
There will be a presentation regarding the proposed work for the gas pipeline under the River Otter at Fluxton by the National Grid. Read this and more
APPOINTMENT: Malden House Residential Home has appointed Ben Morgan to take over the responsibility for its day-to-day maintenance. This will give the man he takes over from, Trevor Pipe, more time to focus on Malden House’s grounds and gardens, where his hard work has previously won awards in the Sidmouth in Bloom competition eight times.
DISNEY: Moving Pictures in Ottery are hosting a Walt Disney Classic Collection Spring Event on Sunday, May 20, from noon to 4pm at the Normandy House restaurant on Cornhill. There will be a display of Disney figurines and a talk on their history, with a prize draw and collectibles trading.
You may also want to watch:
GAS PRESENTATION: There will be a presentation regarding the proposed work for the gas pipeline under the River Otter at Fluxton by the National Grid at Tuesday’s (May 8) Ottery Town Council planning meeting. Project manager Adam Merchant and Matthew Thompson, a PR consultant, will address councillors on the �2million project to safeguard the gas supply to Devon and Cornwall at 7.30pm in the Old Convent.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 6 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 8 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
LUNCH: The Pavilion Lunch Club in Newton Poppleford next meets on Friday, May 18, from noon. Residents are invited to come along for a hot lunch in a friendly and informal atmosphere in the pavilion at the village playing fields. Lunch costs �3, contact David or Rosemary Zirker on 01395 567430 for more information.
JUBILEE: Colaton Raleigh Diamond Jubilee Fund Raising Committee has organised a walking treasure hunt around the village on Monday, May 7, followed by a ploughman’s lunch. The event is to raise funds for the committee to provide a family party, hog roast, mugs for local children and hopefully a permanent memorial to Queen Elizabeth II in the village to celebrate June’s diamond jubilee.