Ottery to host East Devon Tenants’ Conference
EAST Devon District Council will be holding its annual Tenants Conference on Wednesday , June 17, at the Tumbling Weir Hotel, Ottery St. Mary.
EAST Devon District Council will be holding its annual Tenants' Conference on Wednesday 17 June, at the delightful Tumbling Weir Hotel, Ottery St. Mary.
Members of the organising committee have been hard at work since October to ensure that the 2009 conference is an even greater success than last year.
Professor Carl Chinn will be speaking on the subject of 'The History of Social Housing'. If you are thinking "boring", then think again. Professor Chinn is an historian, broadcaster, newspaper columnist and author and he is renowned for his public speaking. We guarantee that everyone will be fascinated.
Representatives from each area of the EDDC Housing Service will be there so that tenants have the opportunity to discuss their problems or concerns with officers face-to-face. John Golding, Head of Housing and Social Inclusion, and Mark Williams, Chief Executive, will also be on hand.
You may also want to watch:
All tenants will be given an opportunity to speak to every officer, so they are asked to come prepared with questions or concerns, written down where possible.
Delegates will also hear talks about Devon Wide Choice Based Lettings and details of improvements to the Housing Needs Service.
- 1 Is the River Sid the shortest river in England?
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 A rare sight witnessed at town's rugby club
- 4 Toto has a mosey around gardens and makes a discovery
- 5 'Fabulous' food festival attracts thousands
- 6 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 7 Bear Grylls praises town's eco-friendly scout 'ambassador'
- 8 The strangest possible score in rugby
- 9 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 10 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth
All this, plus lunch and refreshments, should make it an enjoyable and informative day out.
Numbers are limited, so everyone is asked to book their places as soon as possible. And tenants are asked to let the Tenant Participation Team know if they need transport or have any special dietary requirements.
Please direct all enquiries to the Tenant Participation Team on 01395 517 453, or email email@example.com