Ottery hill climb attracts cyclists following Tour of Britain visit
- Credit: Archant
Cyclists inspired by the Tour of Britain will be able to go for glory themselves in the second ever Ottery St Mary King and Queen of the Mountain.
Organisers are going ahead with the event next Sunday (September 16) which will feature a time-trial up Chineway Hill.
The hill was a featured King of the Mountain hill this year and in the 2016 stages of the Tour of Britain. Participants will be hoping to record a quick time to be in with a chance of winning a top monetary prize.
Cyclists can gather outside The Institute from 8.15am, before the competition starts at 9am.
An award presentation will be held at 11am.
You may also want to watch:
Restaurants will be serving breakfast from 8am on the day.
The steering group and 1st Chard Wheelers are also hosting the first Future Champions Hill Climb featuring pupils from Ottery St Mary Primary Club at the school next Thursday.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 7 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 10 Two superb centuries in Sidbury victory
Still buzzing from the Tour of Britain? Turn to our gallery on page 16 to see pictures from the day.