Ottery to launch cycling club for all abilities
- Credit: Archant
There are ‘wheely’ exciting times for keen cyclists as Ottery prepares to launch its first cycling club.
Organisers involved with the town's King and Queen of the Mountain Hill Climb and Tour of Britain exploits have begun work to start a club
The group would be called Ottery Wheelers CC with the aim to be inclusive for cyclists of all ages and abilities.
John Campion, who is a member of the steering group, said: "A message was sent out on Facebook to see if anyone would be interested in becoming a member of an Ottery cycling club. Almost immediately we have 20 responses.
"We would be looking to have a chairman, treasurer and secretary as a basis for moving forward. The general idea is we start off calling it Ottery Wheelers CC and it will be inclusive. Males, female, young persons will be able to come along on a Saturday and or a Sunday and they will be able to ride. It is for all standards and abilities."
You may also want to watch:
The steering group hopes in future the club will be run by cyclists and possibly take on the organisation of the hill climb event.
The club has recently launched its own Facebook page and hopes in future to interact with members on Twitter and Instagram.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon
- 10 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
To join, search Ottery Wheelers on Facebook.