Ottery to lose its only bank as Lloyds announces closure
- Credit: Archant
Ottery is set to lose its last bank as Lloyd’s Banking Group has earmarked the town’s branch for closure.
The company announced yesterday (Tuesday) another 49 UK branch closures including the Silver Street branch, which will close on October 10 2018.
A Lloyds spokesman said: “We have made the difficult decision to close this branch because customers are using it less often. In addition the majority of customers are also using alternative ways to bank.”
It is reported the banking group will see up to 305 staff losing their jobs with the closures due to take effect between July and October.
How will you be affected by the banks closure? Tell our reporter by calling 01392 888511 or email email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
Read more in this week’s Herald.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again