Ottery shops launch golden ticket Saturdays to boost trade
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers will have the chance to spend thousands of pounds in Ottery as part of a new scheme to boost business in the town.
Independent retailers will launch its Golden Ticket Saturdays tomorrow, with each ticket valued between £1 and £50, to be spent in participating stores.
There will be four Saturdays in total, with shoppers guaranteed to find at least one £50 ticket, multiple £25, £10 and £5, and hundreds of worth £1 or £2, on the day.
Retailer Richard Hills-Ingyon, of the Recycled Candle Company, said: “I am so excited about this.
“Between us, Ottery retailers will literally be giving away thousands of pounds, and I am really looking forward to people’s faces when they open the golden ticket envelope and see they’ve just won a considerable sum. Bring it on.”
You may also want to watch:
Further golden ticket Saturday’s will take place on November 24 and December 1 and 8, with more than 20 businesses taking part.
For more details and terms and conditions, as well as participating businesses, look out for the posters in trader’s windows.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National