Ottery twinners enjoy German-themed party
MORE than 60 members of Ottery s Twinning Association geared up for the festive season with a German- themed pre-Christmas party earlier this month.
MORE than 60 members of Ottery's Twinning Association geared up for the festive season with a German- themed pre-Christmas party earlier this month.
Twinners glugged Gluhwein and nibbled on Deutsche delicacies such as German cheeses on ryebread, bratwurst and spiced meat balls along with traditional gingerbread men, Stollen and many other sweet and chocolate nibbles.
Twinning secretary Keith Spittlehouse "The party was an opportunity for those who have recently visited Ilsfeld, our twin town in Baden Wurttemberg, so see a display of photographs and to recall the many pleasant experiences of that visit.
The Dunkeswell Bell Ringers played seasonal music adapted for handbells and twinners also took to a spot of bi-lingual crooning, singing of Christmas Carols in German.
You may also want to watch:
The twinners are now looking forward to next year, with plans for French and German exchanges on the cards.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again