Ottery Twinners get festive
MORE than 60 members of Ottery s Twinning Association geared up for the festive season with a German- themed pre-Christmas party
MORE than 60 members of Ottery's Twinning Association geared up for the festive season with a German- themed pre-Christmas party last month.
Twinners glugged Gluhwein and nibbled on Deutsche delicacies such as German cheeses on ryebread, bratwurst and spiced meat balls along with traditional gingerbread men, Stollen and many other sweet and chocolate nibbles.
Twinning secretary Keith Spittlehouse "The party was an opportunity for those who have recently visited Ilsfeld, our twin town in Baden Wurttemberg, so see a display of photographs and to recall the many pleasant experiences of that visit.
The Dunkeswell Bell Ringers played seasonal music adapted for handbells and twinners also took to a spot of bi-lingual crooning, singing of Christmas Carols in German.
You may also want to watch:
The twinners are now looking forward to next year, with plans for French and German exchanges on the cards.
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 3 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 4 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 7 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 8 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 9 Family triumph in Sidmouth golf team stableford
- 10 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy