Ottery wine company wins two top awards
TWO top wine awards won by Ottery St Mary’s Christopher Piper Wines
TWO prestigious awards have been won by an Ottery St Mary wine merchant at the UK’s top independent wine merchant awards in London.
Christopher Piper Wines was the only South West company with four shortlistings at the inaugural Top Merchant Awards, organised by Harpers Wine and Spirit publication. The presentations took place on Wednesday, (February 23) at Vinopolis, London.
The wine specialist went head-to-head with many of the UK’s leading independent merchants and impressed a panel of international judges in the Best Buying Team, Best Wholesaler, Best Employer and Best Digital Strategy categories.
Christopher Piper Wines wone the top Best Buying Team award and judges commented on the exceptional range and quality of the Ottery firm’s wine list, emphasising the innovative style of the four-strong buying team and great value it selection offers.
You may also want to watch:
In a closely fought contest the company also won Best Digital Strategy for its impressive website at www.christopherpiperwines.co.uk.
The site, created with the help of local south-west firm, Bitpod, was regarded as being the most user-friendly, in-depth and up-to-date wine merchant’s website.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 7 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
The up-to-the minute input, steered by in-house web-supremo Fiona Taylor, is widely regarded as setting a new industry standard.
Christopher Piper Wines’ Managing Director, John Earle, said: “In recent years we have been fortunate to earn recognition from some of the most influential and highly-regarded wine experts and, while each achievement is important to us, gaining respect from our peers and industry colleagues brings a special sense of reward.
“From first opening our doors, more than 30 years ago, we’ve worked to a simple philosophy – sourcing and selling the finest wines available at fair prices.
“We take great effort and pride to ensure that our customers can access services and products that are on a par with the very best locally and internationally.
“Awards like this are further evidence that we are achieving our goals.”