Ottery wine company wins two top awards
TWO top wine awards won by Ottery St Mary’s Christopher Piper Wines
TWO prestigious awards have been won by an Ottery St Mary wine merchant at the UK’s top independent wine merchant awards in London.
Christopher Piper Wines was the only South West company with four shortlistings at the inaugural Top Merchant Awards, organised by Harpers Wine and Spirit publication. The presentations took place on Wednesday, (February 23) at Vinopolis, London.
The wine specialist went head-to-head with many of the UK’s leading independent merchants and impressed a panel of international judges in the Best Buying Team, Best Wholesaler, Best Employer and Best Digital Strategy categories.
Christopher Piper Wines wone the top Best Buying Team award and judges commented on the exceptional range and quality of the Ottery firm’s wine list, emphasising the innovative style of the four-strong buying team and great value it selection offers.
In a closely fought contest the company also won Best Digital Strategy for its impressive website at www.christopherpiperwines.co.uk.
The site, created with the help of local south-west firm, Bitpod, was regarded as being the most user-friendly, in-depth and up-to-date wine merchant’s website.
- 1 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 2 Business breakfast aims to link up local professionals
- 3 Cost of living crisis how Sidmouth businesses are coping
- 4 Concern over Sainsburys parking restriction plans
- 5 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 6 Gang responsible for bringing a kilo of drugs into Devon jailed for 23 years
- 7 Actor James Pellow plants tree for Sidmouth Arboretum
- 8 Bugler needed for Sidmouth beacon lighting event
- 9 Festival organisers join forces to boost the town's 'brilliant cultural offer'
- 10 Ottery residents struggling with Medical Centre absence
The up-to-the minute input, steered by in-house web-supremo Fiona Taylor, is widely regarded as setting a new industry standard.
Christopher Piper Wines’ Managing Director, John Earle, said: “In recent years we have been fortunate to earn recognition from some of the most influential and highly-regarded wine experts and, while each achievement is important to us, gaining respect from our peers and industry colleagues brings a special sense of reward.
“From first opening our doors, more than 30 years ago, we’ve worked to a simple philosophy – sourcing and selling the finest wines available at fair prices.
“We take great effort and pride to ensure that our customers can access services and products that are on a par with the very best locally and internationally.
“Awards like this are further evidence that we are achieving our goals.”