Ottery woman nominated for award after charity skydive in memory of best friend
- Credit: Archant
An Ottery woman who faced her fear of heights in memory of her best friend has been nominated for an award.
Charlotte Vincent has been recognised by donation website JustGiving after raising £1,800 for Cardiac Risk in the Young (CRY) through a sponsored skydive.
The 22-year-old took on the challenge, despite her fear of heights, after her best friend Paige Moth died suddenly last year.
JustGiving is currently receiving nominations for its 2017 awards to recognise those who have made a positive impact with their fundraising.
Charlotte said: “It does mean a lot to me to be nominated as I feel that people are appreciating all the work that I have done, not that it’s what I want them to do, but I feel like I’m being recognised for it.
You may also want to watch:
“I was in complete shock. It does feel so special that the main reason me being nominated is in memory of Paige. People have seen how determined I have been to make sure that I would have made Paige proud, but that I also want to make her family proud, too.”
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98