Ottery youngster is out of this world
- Credit: Archant
A BOY from Ottery St Mary managed to run rings around the competition at this year’s Topsham Carnival with his outer-space inspired costume.
Eleven-year-old Aidan Pearcy claimed first prize in the youth category after his ‘astrological’ outfit wowed the judges.
The costume is made from plastic and aluminium and features a rotating planet, complete with lights, and was designed by Aidan, after he got the idea from some space-based work at Ottery Primary School.
His father, Steve Pearcy, put the outfit together with help from some friends and said he was very pleased with how it had turned out.
Aidan won 18 first prizes on the carnival circuit last year, with a Phantom of the Opera-themed outfit, and he hopes to repeat his success this year.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Pearcy added: “He’s already won first prize at Seaton carnival but there’s more competition this year so we’ll see how he gets on.”
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 6 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 8 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 9 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 10 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live