Ottery football club ‘delighted’ by shirt sponsorship support
- Credit: Archant
Young footballers in Ottery have received a boost after a local developer donated £300 to sponsor their shirts.
McCarthy and Stone, the company behind the Tumbling Weir Court Retirement Living development, has awarded the money to Ottery St Mary Youth Football Club’s under-12s team.
Divisional marketing manager Nicki Beswarick said supporting local communities is an important part of what the company does.
She said: “We hope our donation will help to bring the team together, creating a sense of belonging and building friendships.”
The football club’s chairman Mike Ringer said: “We are delighted to have received this donation from McCarthy and Stone.
You may also want to watch:
“We want to encourage as many children as possible to get involved in our youth football club to reap the many physical and social benefits of engaging in physical activity, and we couldn’t do this without the help from our sponsors.
“We really can’t thank the team at McCarthy and Stone enough.”
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98