Over-60s enjoy festive lunch
SID Vale Over-60s Club enjoyed a Christmas lunch at Sidmouth’s Belmont Hotel on Friday.
Forty club members got in the festive spirit.
“It was absolutely super,” said club chairman Betty Hawkins. “We go to the Belmont every year, the service is great and everyone thoroughly enjoys it.”
The club meets on the third Monday of each month at Primley Road United Reformed Church. Members, totalling 50 with the eldest aged 99, come from Sidmouth, Sidford, Sidbury and Honiton.
Betty said new members were always welcome.
You may also want to watch:
“We have eight coach trips a year, speakers every month, and anyone who comes to five meetings or more gets a discount on the Christmas meal,” she said.
To find out more call Betty on (01395) 577599.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98