Over-60s enjoy festive lunch
SID Vale Over-60s Club enjoyed a Christmas lunch at Sidmouth’s Belmont Hotel on Friday.
Forty club members got in the festive spirit.
“It was absolutely super,” said club chairman Betty Hawkins. “We go to the Belmont every year, the service is great and everyone thoroughly enjoys it.”
The club meets on the third Monday of each month at Primley Road United Reformed Church. Members, totalling 50 with the eldest aged 99, come from Sidmouth, Sidford, Sidbury and Honiton.
Betty said new members were always welcome.
You may also want to watch:
“We have eight coach trips a year, speakers every month, and anyone who comes to five meetings or more gets a discount on the Christmas meal,” she said.
To find out more call Betty on (01395) 577599.
- 1 Town's garden efforts on display at Chelsea Flower Show
- 2 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 3 7 of the prettiest streets in Sidmouth
- 4 Can you hear me? Science festival will attempt a new tin can phone world record
- 5 The act of giving makes a big difference
- 6 Young surfer raising hundreds of pounds with sponsored beach clean
- 7 New gin launch helps raise funds for Tar Barrel tradition
- 8 Let's engage with youths to help keep environment clean
- 9 Lifeboat responds to two call-outs in one night
- 10 Initial findings show town's waterways are healthy