Over-60s enjoy festive lunch
SID Vale Over-60s Club enjoyed a Christmas lunch at Sidmouth’s Belmont Hotel on Friday.
Forty club members got in the festive spirit.
“It was absolutely super,” said club chairman Betty Hawkins. “We go to the Belmont every year, the service is great and everyone thoroughly enjoys it.”
The club meets on the third Monday of each month at Primley Road United Reformed Church. Members, totalling 50 with the eldest aged 99, come from Sidmouth, Sidford, Sidbury and Honiton.
Betty said new members were always welcome.
You may also want to watch:
“We have eight coach trips a year, speakers every month, and anyone who comes to five meetings or more gets a discount on the Christmas meal,” she said.
To find out more call Betty on (01395) 577599.
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 6 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 7 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 8 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners