Overgrown Sidmouth bus stop upsets residents
HIGHWAYS chiefs have vowed t clean up this overgrown Sidmouth bus stop after un-cut grass and a huge thistle proved a prickly issue with unhappy residents.
HIGHWAYS chiefs have vowed to clean up this overgrown Sidmouth bus stop after un-cut grass and a huge thistle proved a prickly issue with unhappy residents.
Brian Elkington, 75, said he ‘couldn’t believe how bad’ the state of the stop, on the A3052 near King Charles Way and Burscombe Lane, was.
“There was a thistle growing through the bench. It makes a joke out of having a seat there,” he said.
“I’ve lived in King Charles Way for nine years and I’ve never seen it as bad as it is now.”
You may also want to watch:
A Devon County Council spokesman said on Tuesday the matter was ‘in hand’ and the stop would be tended to within seven days.
- 1 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 2 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 7 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 8 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 9 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
- 10 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member