Overgrown Sidmouth bus stop upsets residents
HIGHWAYS chiefs have vowed t clean up this overgrown Sidmouth bus stop after un-cut grass and a huge thistle proved a prickly issue with unhappy residents.
HIGHWAYS chiefs have vowed to clean up this overgrown Sidmouth bus stop after un-cut grass and a huge thistle proved a prickly issue with unhappy residents.
Brian Elkington, 75, said he ‘couldn’t believe how bad’ the state of the stop, on the A3052 near King Charles Way and Burscombe Lane, was.
“There was a thistle growing through the bench. It makes a joke out of having a seat there,” he said.
“I’ve lived in King Charles Way for nine years and I’ve never seen it as bad as it is now.”
You may also want to watch:
A Devon County Council spokesman said on Tuesday the matter was ‘in hand’ and the stop would be tended to within seven days.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 5 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 6 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 7 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 8 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 9 Sidmouth Photography Club: Photography officially recognised for its mental health benefits
- 10 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon