Overgrown Sidmouth bus stop upsets residents
HIGHWAYS chiefs have vowed t clean up this overgrown Sidmouth bus stop after un-cut grass and a huge thistle proved a prickly issue with unhappy residents.
HIGHWAYS chiefs have vowed to clean up this overgrown Sidmouth bus stop after un-cut grass and a huge thistle proved a prickly issue with unhappy residents.
Brian Elkington, 75, said he ‘couldn’t believe how bad’ the state of the stop, on the A3052 near King Charles Way and Burscombe Lane, was.
“There was a thistle growing through the bench. It makes a joke out of having a seat there,” he said.
“I’ve lived in King Charles Way for nine years and I’ve never seen it as bad as it is now.”
A Devon County Council spokesman said on Tuesday the matter was ‘in hand’ and the stop would be tended to within seven days.
- 1 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 Property of the Week: The Square, Branscombe
- 4 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 5 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 6 Major firefighting operation tackles blazing barn in Whimple
- 7 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 8 Top six big books of the year to enjoy this winter
- 9 Tips on managing your utility bills this winter
- 10 Programme of concerts set to delight classical-music lovers