Overnight A30 resurfacing work near Ottery St Mary
- Credit: Victoria Burgoyne
A westbound section of A30 near Ottery St Mary to be closed for repairs on Thursday evening
A stretch of the A30 which was damaged by a coach fire will be closed overnight for repair work to be carried out.
The dual carriageway will be shut westbound between Langford junction and Daisymount junction from 7pm tonight (Thursday) to 6am tomorrow morning.
It has been nearly two weeks since a coach was destroyed in a blaze near Ottery St Mary on March 10, causing chaos on the busy A-road as both lanes were closed.
A stretch of one westbound lane on the A30 has been closed since.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Highways England said: “We are carrying out this specialist temporary repair this week.
“The challenging weather conditions have delayed this work and we apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.”
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again