Owners of Sidmouth holiday park ‘blown away’ by award success
- Credit: Archant
Celebrations were continuing at Oakdown Touring and Holiday Caravan Park this week after it was shortlisted for another prestigious award.
The Franks family, who own the park, were thrilled to be named best holiday park in the recent VisitDevon awards.
And following on from this success, they have been selected as one of the finalists in the ‘Holiday Park of the Year’ category of this year’s South West Tourism Excellence Awards.
The awards panel has also selected Oakdown to represent the region in the ‘Holiday Park/Holiday Village of the Year’ category in the national VisitEngland awards.
Alastair Franks said: “We were absolutely overjoyed to win the VisitDevon award in November, and so to now find out that we’ve been shortlisted for both the regional, and the VisitEngland awards, has just blown us away.
You may also want to watch:
“We simply couldn’t do it without the huge support of our wonderful customers, many of whom return year after year.”
These awards saw a record of 645 entries to consider, and the team of more than 40 judges undertook a record 416 visits to entrants.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
Alastair said: “We know that the South West is one of the UK’s biggest and busiest tourism regions, so to have been recognised in this way is a massive compliment.
“We are so excited about the awards ceremony in February.”