Painted dogs conservation on display at Christmas fair in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Animal lovers can find out how they can help one of Africa’s most endangered species at Kennaway House this weekend.
Volunteers from the Painted Dog Conservation (PDC) group will be showcasing their work at the house’s Christmas fair on Friday and Saturday.
Painted dogs were recently the stars of the latest episode of David Attenborough’s Dynasties series and are Africa’s second most endangered large carnivore.
PDC has spent the last two decades in Zimbabwe monitoring the animals and working to create an environment in which the animals can thrive.
Anette Farrington, from the group said: “You will be also be able to buy unique art and craft made at the Iganyana Art Centre in Zimbabwe, a PDC initiative.
You may also want to watch:
“It provides employment for local people who, through their work, contribute directly to the conservation efforts of their painted dogs.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 10 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles