Pals reunited in Sidmouth
A NEW Sidmouth resident who missed friends 150 miles away was delighted when they boarded a coach and paid her a visit.
A NEW Sidmouth resident, who missed friends 150 miles away, was delighted when they boarded a coach and paid her a visit.
Diana French moved to Sidmouth last September, after spending 51 years in West Drayton, Middlesex, as she wanted to be closer to her two daughters and their families who live in Newton Poppleford.
Diana, of Ice House Lane, said as much as she loves living in the town, and despite making news friends by joining several clubs and organisations, she misses her pals from West Drayton.
She was delighted when ten of them travelled to Sidmouth for a week-long holiday at the end of April.
You may also want to watch:
“They fell in love with Sidmouth,” said Diana.
“They all had a wonderful week together in the brilliant sunshine and and visited many local places.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
“The visit culminated in a brilliant Royal Wedding Day. They all dressed up in red, white and blue and thought all the Sidmouth celebrations were excellent.”