Pals reunited in Sidmouth
A NEW Sidmouth resident who missed friends 150 miles away was delighted when they boarded a coach and paid her a visit.
A NEW Sidmouth resident, who missed friends 150 miles away, was delighted when they boarded a coach and paid her a visit.
Diana French moved to Sidmouth last September, after spending 51 years in West Drayton, Middlesex, as she wanted to be closer to her two daughters and their families who live in Newton Poppleford.
Diana, of Ice House Lane, said as much as she loves living in the town, and despite making news friends by joining several clubs and organisations, she misses her pals from West Drayton.
She was delighted when ten of them travelled to Sidmouth for a week-long holiday at the end of April.
“They fell in love with Sidmouth,” said Diana.
“They all had a wonderful week together in the brilliant sunshine and and visited many local places.
- 1 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 2 Cost of living crisis how Sidmouth businesses are coping
- 3 Concern over Sainsburys parking restriction plans
- 4 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 5 Business breakfast aims to link up local professionals
- 6 Gang responsible for bringing a kilo of drugs into Devon jailed for 23 years
- 7 Actor James Pellow plants tree for Sidmouth Arboretum
- 8 Festival organisers join forces to boost the town's 'brilliant cultural offer'
- 9 Bugler needed for Sidmouth beacon lighting event
- 10 Ottery residents struggling with Medical Centre absence
“The visit culminated in a brilliant Royal Wedding Day. They all dressed up in red, white and blue and thought all the Sidmouth celebrations were excellent.”