Pals reunited in Sidmouth
A NEW Sidmouth resident who missed friends 150 miles away was delighted when they boarded a coach and paid her a visit.
A NEW Sidmouth resident, who missed friends 150 miles away, was delighted when they boarded a coach and paid her a visit.
Diana French moved to Sidmouth last September, after spending 51 years in West Drayton, Middlesex, as she wanted to be closer to her two daughters and their families who live in Newton Poppleford.
Diana, of Ice House Lane, said as much as she loves living in the town, and despite making news friends by joining several clubs and organisations, she misses her pals from West Drayton.
She was delighted when ten of them travelled to Sidmouth for a week-long holiday at the end of April.
You may also want to watch:
“They fell in love with Sidmouth,” said Diana.
“They all had a wonderful week together in the brilliant sunshine and and visited many local places.
- 1 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 4 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 5 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community
- 6 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 7 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 10 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
“The visit culminated in a brilliant Royal Wedding Day. They all dressed up in red, white and blue and thought all the Sidmouth celebrations were excellent.”