Pam Ayres to visit Sidmouth
SIDMOUTH will welcome the poet who does know it, Pam Ayres, in the summer for a pre-Sidmouth FolkWeek event. Festival organisers announced this week the well known lyricist, who stars in her own radio programme, Ayres on the Air, and a popular guest on C
SIDMOUTH will welcome the poet who does know it, Pam Ayres, in the summer for a pre-Sidmouth FolkWeek event.
Festival organisers announced this week the well known lyricist, who stars in her own radio programme, Ayres on the Air, and a popular guest on Countdown and QI, will be appearing in the town on Thursday, July 30.
Joan Crump, Folkweek's Artistic Director, said: "Pam started her career at her local folk club near Oxford, well before the appearance on Opportunity Knocks that made her a household name so she makes an excellent curtain-raiser for the Festival.
"We would advise people to book early because tickets invariably sell out quickly, wherever she appears."
You may also want to watch:
The show includes material from her best-selling books, along with some new poems and stories.
Tickets are on sale from April 25 from the box office at Sidmouth Tourist Information Centre on (01395) 578627, or online from the Festival's website www.sidmouthfolkweek.co.uk
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 5 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 6 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
Tomorrow will see Exeter Great Western Morris and Hammersmith Morris performing in the town and they will also be making a collection for the festival.
They will be at the Swan at 11am, The Anchor at 12 noon, in the Market Square at 2pm and on the Esplanade opposite the Marine at 3pm.