Panel advised to end East Devon Business Forum probe
- Credit: Archant
The future of a panel set up to examine the dealings of a controversial business group will be determined by a district council watchdog tonight (Thursday).
As the Herald went to press, members of East Devon District Council’s (EDDC) overview and scrutiny committee were preparing to consider the continued need for a business task and finish forum (TAFF).
The panel was set up in late 2012 to look into the practices of the now defunct East Devon Business Forum (EDBF).
A report to members of the scrutiny committee advises members that the TAFF now focuses on improving engagement between businesses in the region and the district council.
The suggested remit includes ‘learning lessons’ from the previous relationship between the EDBF and EDDC, but stops short of an investigation into the group, which disbanded in 2013.
You may also want to watch:
? Read a full report of the meeting in next week’s Sidmouth Herald.
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 6 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 7 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 10 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners