Panel advised to end East Devon Business Forum probe
- Credit: Archant
The future of a panel set up to examine the dealings of a controversial business group will be determined by a district council watchdog tonight (Thursday).
As the Herald went to press, members of East Devon District Council’s (EDDC) overview and scrutiny committee were preparing to consider the continued need for a business task and finish forum (TAFF).
The panel was set up in late 2012 to look into the practices of the now defunct East Devon Business Forum (EDBF).
A report to members of the scrutiny committee advises members that the TAFF now focuses on improving engagement between businesses in the region and the district council.
The suggested remit includes ‘learning lessons’ from the previous relationship between the EDBF and EDDC, but stops short of an investigation into the group, which disbanded in 2013.
You may also want to watch:
? Read a full report of the meeting in next week’s Sidmouth Herald.
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 4 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon