Panel advised to end East Devon Business Forum probe
- Credit: Archant
The future of a panel set up to examine the dealings of a controversial business group will be determined by a district council watchdog tonight (Thursday).
As the Herald went to press, members of East Devon District Council’s (EDDC) overview and scrutiny committee were preparing to consider the continued need for a business task and finish forum (TAFF).
The panel was set up in late 2012 to look into the practices of the now defunct East Devon Business Forum (EDBF).
A report to members of the scrutiny committee advises members that the TAFF now focuses on improving engagement between businesses in the region and the district council.
The suggested remit includes ‘learning lessons’ from the previous relationship between the EDBF and EDDC, but stops short of an investigation into the group, which disbanded in 2013.
You may also want to watch:
? Read a full report of the meeting in next week’s Sidmouth Herald.
- 1 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council