Panel advised to end East Devon Business Forum probe
- Credit: Archant
The future of a panel set up to examine the dealings of a controversial business group will be determined by a district council watchdog tonight (Thursday).
As the Herald went to press, members of East Devon District Council’s (EDDC) overview and scrutiny committee were preparing to consider the continued need for a business task and finish forum (TAFF).
The panel was set up in late 2012 to look into the practices of the now defunct East Devon Business Forum (EDBF).
A report to members of the scrutiny committee advises members that the TAFF now focuses on improving engagement between businesses in the region and the district council.
The suggested remit includes ‘learning lessons’ from the previous relationship between the EDBF and EDDC, but stops short of an investigation into the group, which disbanded in 2013.
You may also want to watch:
? Read a full report of the meeting in next week’s Sidmouth Herald.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Date announced for unveiling of Ottery's Coleridge statue
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon