Well-known faces return to Sidmouth stage for Robin Hood panto
- Credit: Picture: Sidmouth Herald
Two locally well-known actors return to the stage for Sidmouth Amateur Dramatic Society’s pantomime, Robin Hood and his Merry Men.
Rowan Duxbury plays the lead role and Trevor Patch is Friar Tuck.
The pair appeared in many local pantos in the past, but both have been taking a break for several years … until now.
In the show, Robin and his outlaws pit themselves against the wily Sheriff of Nottingham and his silly sidekicks, Smash and Grab.
The director Joan Heard is said to be 'over the moon' with the production.
You may also want to watch:
It features plenty of singing, and dancing by members of the local dance school Funkifeet.
In traditional pantomime fashion, the script is peppered with local references and in-jokes, but the cast have steered clear of humour relating to politics or current affairs.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
The pantomime runs from Saturday, December 28, until Saturday, January 4, with no performance on New Year's Eve.
For full information on performance times, and to book tickets, visit https://www.manorpavilion.com/ or call the box office on 01395 514413.