Staff and parents have a ball to raise £1,000 for Sidbury Primary School
- Credit: Archant
Guests dressed to the nines for a night of music and merriment, helping to raise more than £1,000 for Sidbury Primary School.
Parents, old and new, joined teachers and supporters for a summer ball at the Harbour Hotel, which was held to boost funds for new equipment and resources for the school’s new building.
Former-Sidbury pupil Myles Le Blanque returned to entertain the crowd, along with Mellow Bridge, who helped to provide the music.
Local businesses contributed a range of prizes for the raffle, which raised £1,000 on the night.
Emily Monks, chairman of governors at the school, said: “The event was really fun to plan.
You may also want to watch:
“A group of mums getting together to have a fun night off and raise money for our children’s school. It was fantastic to see teachers and parents getting together for such a worthwhile cause.”
The PTFA thanked local businesses for their support.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls