Parents and teachers sign up to 10k run in aid of Newton Poppleford Primary School
- Credit: Archant
More than 20 parents and teachers have signed up to do a £10k run in Sidmouth to raise money for Newton Poppleford Primary School.
The village’s new £3million primary school is set to open in September but up to £30,000 is needed to help pay for vital supplies and furniture.
The school’s PTFA launched a fundraising drive three months ago with the aim of raising £10,000 towards the total.
So far they have raised more than £3,700. And, in a bid to further their total 21 parents and teachers have now signed up to take part in the run on March 24. Together they are hoping to raise just over £1,000 – collecting around £50 each in sponsorship.
Mum-of-two Emma Finch, from West Hill, who is spearheading the campaign said they had already raised over £700.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “This is not just for the children at the school at the moment but for future generations.”
Visit justgiving.com/newtonpopplefordschoolassociation to show your support for the school.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb