Paul Taylor-Mills reveals line-up for 2018 Summer Rep Season at Sidmouth’s Manor Pavilion Theatre
- Credit: Archant
The line-up for this year’s Summer Rep Season at Sidmouth’s Manor Pavilion Theatre has been revealed.
Paul Taylor-Mills will return with his talented company to put on a dozen classic plays between Thursday, June 21, and Friday, September 2.
Tickets go on sale at the Manor Pavilion Theatre box office on Friday, May 25, and will be available by telephone the following day.
There will be an official launch night for the season at the theatre on Thursday, May 24, at 8pm. Free tickets for the evening are available from the Manor Pavilion in advance.
Paul said: “I am delighted to be returning to the Manor Pavilion Theatre this summer for our sixth season of 12 wonderful plays. Last year we had a record-breaking season and we received tremendous support from both local residents and holidaymakers. Each year we try to make the season bigger and better and it is gratifying to see the patrons responding to our efforts.”
You may also want to watch:
The line-up boasts a strong mix of comedies, farces, dramas and thrillers, including a new adaptation of Daphne Du Maurier’s Jamaica Inn and a new production of recent West End hit Handbagged. The season starts with Fatal Encounter, a fantastic thriller from Sidmouth favourite Francis Durbridge.
Ticket prices have been kept the same as last year.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 4 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 6 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 7 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 8 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
- 9 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 10 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
Paul added: “I am honoured to present the longest-standing weekly play season in the UK. My team are all looking forward to the start of the season and we would like to thank Graham Whitlock, the theatre manager, his staff, and East Devon District Council for their continued faith in us.”
The line-up for the 2018 Summer Rep Season is:
? Fatal Encounter by Francis Durbridge – June 21-27
? Lloyd George Knew My Father by William Douglas Home – June 28 – July 4
? The Dresser by Ronald Harwood – July 5 - 11
? Relatively Speaking by Alan Ayckbourn – July 12 - 18
? Jamaica Inn by Frederick Knott – July 19-25
? Gaslight by Patrick Hamilton - July 26 – August 1
? Handbagged by Moira Buffini August 2 and 3, and August 11-15
? Funny Money by Ray Cooney – August 16-22
? Strictly Murder by Brian Clemens – August 23-29
? Barefoot in the Park by Neil Simon – August 30 – September 5
? Death Knell by James Cawood – September 6-12
? Lend me a Tenor by Ken Ludwig – September 13-21