Paul Taylor-Mills reveals line-up for 2018 Summer Rep Season at Sidmouth’s Manor Pavilion Theatre
- Credit: Archant
The line-up for this year’s Summer Rep Season at Sidmouth’s Manor Pavilion Theatre has been revealed.
Paul Taylor-Mills will return with his talented company to put on a dozen classic plays between Thursday, June 21, and Friday, September 2.
Tickets go on sale at the Manor Pavilion Theatre box office on Friday, May 25, and will be available by telephone the following day.
There will be an official launch night for the season at the theatre on Thursday, May 24, at 8pm. Free tickets for the evening are available from the Manor Pavilion in advance.
Paul said: “I am delighted to be returning to the Manor Pavilion Theatre this summer for our sixth season of 12 wonderful plays. Last year we had a record-breaking season and we received tremendous support from both local residents and holidaymakers. Each year we try to make the season bigger and better and it is gratifying to see the patrons responding to our efforts.”
You may also want to watch:
The line-up boasts a strong mix of comedies, farces, dramas and thrillers, including a new adaptation of Daphne Du Maurier’s Jamaica Inn and a new production of recent West End hit Handbagged. The season starts with Fatal Encounter, a fantastic thriller from Sidmouth favourite Francis Durbridge.
Ticket prices have been kept the same as last year.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Lockdown has shown the importance of nature and the need for us to nurture each other
- 9 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
Paul added: “I am honoured to present the longest-standing weekly play season in the UK. My team are all looking forward to the start of the season and we would like to thank Graham Whitlock, the theatre manager, his staff, and East Devon District Council for their continued faith in us.”
The line-up for the 2018 Summer Rep Season is:
? Fatal Encounter by Francis Durbridge – June 21-27
? Lloyd George Knew My Father by William Douglas Home – June 28 – July 4
? The Dresser by Ronald Harwood – July 5 - 11
? Relatively Speaking by Alan Ayckbourn – July 12 - 18
? Jamaica Inn by Frederick Knott – July 19-25
? Gaslight by Patrick Hamilton - July 26 – August 1
? Handbagged by Moira Buffini August 2 and 3, and August 11-15
? Funny Money by Ray Cooney – August 16-22
? Strictly Murder by Brian Clemens – August 23-29
? Barefoot in the Park by Neil Simon – August 30 – September 5
? Death Knell by James Cawood – September 6-12
? Lend me a Tenor by Ken Ludwig – September 13-21