Pay and display at Sidmouth’s Manor Pavilion?
- Credit: Archant
The car park for Sidmouth’s Manor Pavilion is set to be run on a ‘pay and display’ basis under plans for 2017/18 unveiled by its owners.
East Devon District Council (EDDC) is also arranging ‘chip and pin’ to take debit card payments at the theatre bar and exploring options for online ticket sales.
The authority wants box office staff to promote its Facebook and Twitter accounts ‘in a much bigger way’, use TripAdvisor to promote the venue and to reach new audiences for its summer season.
Elsewhere, EDDC will continue to explore opportunities to expand its car park portfolio and officers will ‘actively seek’ to acquire additional sites in Sidmouth.
The council also wants to reduce the number of Freedom of Information requests it receives by carrying through its stated transparency aims.
You may also want to watch:
The items are listed as ‘key service objectives’ for EDDC in 2017/18.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead