PECORAMA charity open day bonanza
PECORAMA in Beer opened its doors for the annual charity Garden Day last week.
PECORAMA in Beer opened its doors for the annual charity Garden Day last week. This year around �420 was collected by Beer and Seaton RNLI and �720 for Guide Dogs for the Blind.
Julie Richens, Guide Dogs volunteer, said: "Free entry certainly brought in the crowds and we had a successful fundraising day.
"It was very special to have over 20 guide dogs and training puppies visiting during the day, always increasing awareness and interest in our work.
"The Guide Dogs would like to thank Peco for their generosity and all those who came to support us."
You may also want to watch:
Wendy Cummins, secretary of Beer and Seaton RNLI, hailed the day a success.
She said: "We were very happy with how much was raised. As well as bucket collections we also had a souvenir stall and a cuddly toy tombola which added significantly to our total."
- 1 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 6 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 7 Date announced for unveiling of Ottery's Coleridge statue
- 8 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 9 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 10 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
The local RNLI branch is also running a special raffle throughout the summer and the lucky winner will receive a print donated by art gallery Marine House at Beer.