PECORAMA charity open day bonanza
PECORAMA in Beer opened its doors for the annual charity Garden Day last week.
PECORAMA in Beer opened its doors for the annual charity Garden Day last week. This year around �420 was collected by Beer and Seaton RNLI and �720 for Guide Dogs for the Blind.
Julie Richens, Guide Dogs volunteer, said: "Free entry certainly brought in the crowds and we had a successful fundraising day.
"It was very special to have over 20 guide dogs and training puppies visiting during the day, always increasing awareness and interest in our work.
"The Guide Dogs would like to thank Peco for their generosity and all those who came to support us."
You may also want to watch:
Wendy Cummins, secretary of Beer and Seaton RNLI, hailed the day a success.
She said: "We were very happy with how much was raised. As well as bucket collections we also had a souvenir stall and a cuddly toy tombola which added significantly to our total."
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
The local RNLI branch is also running a special raffle throughout the summer and the lucky winner will receive a print donated by art gallery Marine House at Beer.