Pecorama stages a surprise party for model employee Mike
- Credit: Archant
A retired Pecorama worker was stopped in his tracks when his former employers organised a surprise party.
Mike Davis worked at the Beer model railway firm for 15 years as a sales assistant in its shop selling its manufactured train modelling products.
The Axminster resident had returned to catch up with friends and colleagues, when he was surprised with a high tea with Pecorama directors Michael Pritchard, Ben Arnold and Chris Noake.
The business had arranged for Mike to drive one of his ‘beloved’ steam trains around the railway.
Mike was then treated to a Ritz-style high tea with the directors, friends and family in the railway’s Orion Pullman Carriage.
You may also want to watch:
Michael Pritchard, Pecorama chairman, said: “It really was a delightful afternoon and we were so happy that we could surprise Mike in this way as a small token of our affection and to show our appreciation for Mike and all he has done for us over the years.”
Pecorama will also be welcoming a special guest next week, as Father Christmas swaps his sleigh for a steam train. He will be hearing youngsters’ Christmas wishes every day from Saturday, December 17, to Wednesday,December 21, between 11am and 5pm. There will be train rides on the Beer Heights Light Railway, delicious festive food, an indoor Christmas market, with artisan handmade gifts, along with an indoor soft play area.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon