PegasusLife to unveil Knowle vision at pair of exhibitions
- Credit: Archant
A developer behind plans to redevelop East Devon District Council’s (EDDC) offices at Knowle is to reveal its vision for the site at an exhibition later this month.
Retirement community firm PegasusLife will host a two-day event in Sidmouth to consult on its proposals for the 4.7-acre plot, which it hopes to transform into housing for the over 60s.
Engineers from the company were working in the park earlier this month to carry out ground investigations and drainage surveys ahead of submitting a formal planning application.
Pegasus has exchanged contracts with EDDC to buy the site for between £7million and £8million.
The proceeds will be used to fund the council’s relocation from Sidmouth to purpose-built offices in Honiton and refurbished facilities at Exmouth Town Hall.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for the developer said: “We wish to consult with the local community before progressing our proposals and are holding two public consultation events, the first in November, to give local residents an opportunity to view and comment on our initial scheme.”
Representatives from the firm will be at the Woodlands Hotel, in Station Road, on Tuesday, November 24, between 2pm and 7.30pm, and again on Wednesday, November 25, between noon and 7.30pm.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 4 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 5 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 6 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 7 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 8 Ottery St Mary sadly lose a club legend
- 9 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon