Peggy settles in to new Sidmouth surroundings
Abbeyfield resident Peggy, 84, praises new Culver House flats in Sidmouth
ONE resident pleased with her new surroundings at Culver House is Peggy Norman, 84, who is settling in well at her new flat there.
Great grandmother Peggy, who moved from near Plymouth in July 2009 to Abbeyfield in All Saints Road, Sidmouth, so she could be nearer her daughter and family, said: “It is very nice, although I miss my bungalow sometimes because it was so spacious.”
Widowed for 21 years, she feels she now needs more help with things like shopping and enjoys meals with the other residents.
“I have a few mementos and photos but I didn’t bring any of my furniture, basically I started again. Everyone is very amiable and we have had a couple of social evenings.
You may also want to watch:
“I don’t feel isolated at all and the staff and house manager Jacqui and her deputy are very helpful.”
Peggy, who does a lot of knitting for charities, says she likes her new surroundings more than her former room in All Saints Road.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 10 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways