Pensioner dies in Sidbury crash
A 67-year-old man died in a two car collision on the outskirts of Sidbury yesterday evening (Sunday, February 26).
The victim, who was pronounced dead at the scene, was driving a silver Ford Fiesta which was involved in the crash with a grey Peugeot 205 car at Putts Corner, near the Hare and Hounds pub, on the A375 at around 6.45pm.
The road was closed for around six hours at the Hare and Hounds and the Seaton Road junction, while emergency services carried out their work.
The deceased man was from the Axminster area.
The driver of the Peugeot was taken to Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital. He did not have any life threatening or changing injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The air ambulance and fire crews from Ottery St Mary and Honiton also attended the incident.
Police want witnesses or anyone with any information about the incident to call them on 101, quoting police reference 696/26/02/2012.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Sidmouth's Repo Man TV star Sean doubles as Marvel film superhero
- 8 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 9 A remarkably good 50th anniversary for Sidmouth Music
- 10 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
Meanwhile police are trying to contact the dead man’s next of kin, who are not thought to be in the Devon and Cornwall area. Formal identification will be carried out in the next couple of days.