Pensioner dies in Sidbury crash
A 67-year-old man died in a two car collision on the outskirts of Sidbury yesterday evening (Sunday, February 26).
The victim, who was pronounced dead at the scene, was driving a silver Ford Fiesta which was involved in the crash with a grey Peugeot 205 car at Putts Corner, near the Hare and Hounds pub, on the A375 at around 6.45pm.
The road was closed for around six hours at the Hare and Hounds and the Seaton Road junction, while emergency services carried out their work.
The deceased man was from the Axminster area.
The driver of the Peugeot was taken to Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital. He did not have any life threatening or changing injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The air ambulance and fire crews from Ottery St Mary and Honiton also attended the incident.
Police want witnesses or anyone with any information about the incident to call them on 101, quoting police reference 696/26/02/2012.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Set aside a wild patch in your garden - better to watch than the television!
Meanwhile police are trying to contact the dead man’s next of kin, who are not thought to be in the Devon and Cornwall area. Formal identification will be carried out in the next couple of days.