Pensioner dies in Sidbury crash
A 67-year-old man died in a two car collision on the outskirts of Sidbury yesterday evening (Sunday, February 26).
The victim, who was pronounced dead at the scene, was driving a silver Ford Fiesta which was involved in the crash with a grey Peugeot 205 car at Putts Corner, near the Hare and Hounds pub, on the A375 at around 6.45pm.
The road was closed for around six hours at the Hare and Hounds and the Seaton Road junction, while emergency services carried out their work.
The deceased man was from the Axminster area.
The driver of the Peugeot was taken to Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital. He did not have any life threatening or changing injuries.
The air ambulance and fire crews from Ottery St Mary and Honiton also attended the incident.
Police want witnesses or anyone with any information about the incident to call them on 101, quoting police reference 696/26/02/2012.
- 1 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 2 Ottery couple celebrate platinum wedding anniversary
- 3 Missing woman may be in Sidmouth
- 4 Commonwealth Games work gives Sidmouth student 'amazing experience' of live TV
- 5 Town council joins protest against Sidmouth bus cuts
- 6 Time to start preparing for potentially harsh winter
- 7 Closure confirmed for Sidmouth retirement home
- 8 Heatwave may have caused latest Sidmouth cliff falls
- 9 Residents plagued by aggressive rogue traders
- 10 Could Devon councils be set for unitary shake up?
Meanwhile police are trying to contact the dead man’s next of kin, who are not thought to be in the Devon and Cornwall area. Formal identification will be carried out in the next couple of days.