People’s Procession to go ahead alongside Sunday’s remembrance
- Credit: Archant
A procession held today (Friday (November 9) will join the traditional remembrance services this year - but it will not replace them.
The procession is organised by Sidmouth Town Council, Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce along with the Royal British Legion.
The march will begin at 10.30am when the procession departs from outside of the Co-op.
As they pass shops, the organisers are asking business to temporarily close and pay respect.
At 10.50am the procession will arrive at the seafront and hang commemorative pieces.
You may also want to watch:
Marchers will then face France and hold a two minute silence in memory of those who lost their lives during the conflict.
These events will run alongside Sunday’s remembrance and are not replacing them.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 4 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 5 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 9 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
Sunday’s remembrance parade will start at 10.30am from the Co-op.
The procession will travel down High Street, Fore Street and Church Street to the War Memorial at the Parish Church.