People who would otherwise be alone at Christmas invited to Sidmouth’s festive community feast
- Credit: Archant
Organisers urge people to get in touch if they would like invite
People who would otherwise be spending Christmas alone are invited to a festive community lunch on December 25.
Organisers of the annual Sidmouth feast say they still have space to accommodate more guests and helpers and are encouraging residents who would like to share the day with them to get in touch.
Angie and Mick Carney host the free traditional Christmas Day lunch with all the trimmings and have planned music and entertainment for the afternoon.
Angie said: “We know Christmas can be a very difficult time, and sharing the day like this can be a huge help for anyone who is struggling.
You may also want to watch:
“If there is someone who would like to sing a couple of songs for us, or maybe have young children who could come along dressed up as Mary and Joseph, angels or shepherds - that would be wonderful too.”
The Carneys are also hoping to hear from people who may be willing to take on organisation of the event for next year.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
It could be taken on by a small team and requires someone who is a good communicator and a person with the ability to deliver invitations, advertise the event, organise transport and take charge in the kitchen.
The couple said they can hand over all of the details and the turkey comes ready-cooked, so preparation is quite straightforward.
If you know someone who may like to attend the meal this year, can call Angie and Mick on 01395 514350 for a chat.