Performers wanted for Sidmouth’s royal street party
Tickets to ‘buy’ 100 tables for Sidmouth’s Royal Wedding street party go on sale Monday
TICKETS to ‘buy’ tables for Sidmouth’s Royal Wedding street party, will go on sale on Monday.
One hundred tables, to seat six, have been booked by Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce, who are applying for Church Street and New Street to be closed for the afternoon of the big day on Friday, April 29.
Matt Fudge at The Anchor, Old Fore Street, will sell the tables at �20 a time and keep a record of which places have gone.
As well as forms in the Sidmouth Herald, the Anchor will also have booking forms to complete.
You may also want to watch:
There has already been considerable interest in the picnic party, which will have a red, white and blue theme.
Partygoers are asked to dress in these colours, and decorate their tables in them too.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 8 Sidmouth Brass Academy set to play again
- 9 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 10 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
The Chamber is looking for talented performers and musicians, willing to perform on the day, to come forward. Chairman Richard Eley is waiting to hear on (01395) 515544.
Award-winning Sidmouth Town Band has agreed to perform for the event, which runs from 4-7pm, with tables available from 3pm. Plans are afoot for other family entertainment.
King of Chit, Mike Dibble, has agreed to be MC and Sidmouth Town Council has been supportive, lending its bunting for the occasion.
*If you would like to book a table, complete your form at The Anchor before Friday, April 22 (Good Friday).