Performers wanted for Sidmouth’s royal street party
Tickets to ‘buy’ 100 tables for Sidmouth’s Royal Wedding street party go on sale Monday
TICKETS to ‘buy’ tables for Sidmouth’s Royal Wedding street party, will go on sale on Monday.
One hundred tables, to seat six, have been booked by Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce, who are applying for Church Street and New Street to be closed for the afternoon of the big day on Friday, April 29.
Matt Fudge at The Anchor, Old Fore Street, will sell the tables at �20 a time and keep a record of which places have gone.
As well as forms in the Sidmouth Herald, the Anchor will also have booking forms to complete.
You may also want to watch:
There has already been considerable interest in the picnic party, which will have a red, white and blue theme.
Partygoers are asked to dress in these colours, and decorate their tables in them too.
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 7 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 8 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
The Chamber is looking for talented performers and musicians, willing to perform on the day, to come forward. Chairman Richard Eley is waiting to hear on (01395) 515544.
Award-winning Sidmouth Town Band has agreed to perform for the event, which runs from 4-7pm, with tables available from 3pm. Plans are afoot for other family entertainment.
King of Chit, Mike Dibble, has agreed to be MC and Sidmouth Town Council has been supportive, lending its bunting for the occasion.
*If you would like to book a table, complete your form at The Anchor before Friday, April 22 (Good Friday).