Perfumery smells of success
WOODFORDE’S perfumery in Sidmouth has scooped a national beauty award.
The shop, in Church Street, received the Miss Great Britain Beauty Business Award at the crowning of the competition’s Miss Plymouth City on Saturday, July 17.
As well as receiving their award, owners Jon and Jane Brewer also gave title winner Laura Anness a bottle of their exclusive perfume Dream de Rachel Elbaz, which is one of their best sellers.
Liz Fuller, the new CEO of Miss GB and a former Miss GB herself, is the face of Dream, and invited the couple to the awards.
Jane said: “We got the award because we are the premier perfume shop in the South West. It was great that we got it, because we really do try to stock the best fragrances and it’s quite difficult to get this across.
The perfumery has 130 fragrances for women and 70 for men, from established names such as Caron, Creed and Houbigant, to contemporary perfumiers Serge Lutens and Annick Goutal.
“We go for the rarer fragrances, the ones you won’t find in department stores” said Jane, who has run the shop with Jon for 10 years.
- 1 Concern over Sainsburys parking restriction plans
- 2 Comedy and horror at Sidbury Manor in film being released next month
- 3 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 4 Amateur dramatic society present 'tried and tested' comedy
- 5 Is 'no dig' gardening lazy or are we just replicating nature?
- 6 Get ready to dive into Sidmouth's Sea Fest
- 7 Festival organisers join forces to boost the town's 'brilliant cultural offer'
- 8 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 9 'If I were a tree' - children's writing competition invites entries
- 10 Ottery residents struggling with Medical Centre absence
Jane enjoyed the awards evening but confessed: “It was a bit daunting being photographed with the girls, I felt like the oldest one there!”