Personal quest for new Sidmouth Round Table chair
THE new chairman of Sidmouth Round Table says he is looking forward to boosting deserving causes – and one particularly close to his heart.
Ben Tilbert’s first duty in his new role was to choose the Cystic Fibrosis Trust as a beneficiary of the group’s charity work in the next year.
His daughter, Sophie, 12, suffers from the condition.
Fencing contractor Ben, 35, said: “The charity is quite personal to me.”
Ben has been a member of the round table for six years.
You may also want to watch:
He said the group would try to help causes in need if it could, adding: “That’s what we’re there for.”
? James Lavers is pictured handing over the role of chairman to Ben Tilbert.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Date announced for unveiling of Ottery's Coleridge statue
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 9 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon
- 10 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth