Personal quest for new Sidmouth Round Table chair
THE new chairman of Sidmouth Round Table says he is looking forward to boosting deserving causes – and one particularly close to his heart.
Ben Tilbert’s first duty in his new role was to choose the Cystic Fibrosis Trust as a beneficiary of the group’s charity work in the next year.
His daughter, Sophie, 12, suffers from the condition.
Fencing contractor Ben, 35, said: “The charity is quite personal to me.”
Ben has been a member of the round table for six years.
You may also want to watch:
He said the group would try to help causes in need if it could, adding: “That’s what we’re there for.”
? James Lavers is pictured handing over the role of chairman to Ben Tilbert.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 7 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival