Personal quest for new Sidmouth Round Table chair
THE new chairman of Sidmouth Round Table says he is looking forward to boosting deserving causes – and one particularly close to his heart.
Ben Tilbert’s first duty in his new role was to choose the Cystic Fibrosis Trust as a beneficiary of the group’s charity work in the next year.
His daughter, Sophie, 12, suffers from the condition.
Fencing contractor Ben, 35, said: “The charity is quite personal to me.”
Ben has been a member of the round table for six years.
You may also want to watch:
He said the group would try to help causes in need if it could, adding: “That’s what we’re there for.”
? James Lavers is pictured handing over the role of chairman to Ben Tilbert.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 6 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 7 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 10 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown