Pete Allen welcomes the Banjo Man
- Credit: Provided by artist
Pete Allen will be joined by Sean Moyses, along with trumpet player Andy Dickens and a rhythm section, for his next concert at the Sidhome Hotel
Pete Allen will welcome back Sean Moyses, the Banjo Man, at his concert at the Sidholme Hotel on Sunday, May 26.
Pete and Sean often work together as a duo, but this time they will have four additional musicians performing with them - the rhythm section plus trumpet-player Andy Dickens.
Sean is regarded as one of Europe's top banjo-players. He plays a wide repertoire of music, from folk and country to bluegrass and acoustic, and loves the jazz and swing music of the 1920s and 1930s.
Like Pete, he has performed frequently on radio and television, and travels widely. Known for quirkiness and originality, he shares these attributes with Andy Dickens, whose vivacity on stage endears him to the audience. Pete, Sean and Andy are all entertainers par excellence, and Pete's high-calibre rhythm section is second to none in its professionalism. The show starts at 3 pm, doors open at 2.30 pm and admission will be £13.50.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal