Pete Allen cancels jazz concert at Sidholme Hotel
- Credit: Archant
Jazz band leader Pete Allen has cancelled his concert on Sunday, March 22, at the Sidholme Hotel Music Room.
He has called off the popular Jazz in the Afternoon show as a precaution against the spread of coronavirus.
His long-term friend, administrator and co-writer of his autobiography, Dee Parsons, said: 'Pete is a consummate professional who lives by the mantra, 'the show must go on'.
'I never expected to see the word 'cancel' associated with his name.
'But Pete is a highly responsible individual who does not wish to put his musicians, his audience or the hotel staff at risk, hence this decision.
You may also want to watch:
'His special guest on Sunday was to have been Kevin Grenfell (trombone), so it would have been fun to see two trombones together on stage. Would Kevin have gone head to head with Roger Marks, or would they have joined forces? Who knows?'
Pete Allen hopes to be back at Sidholme Hotel with his band on Sunday, April 26.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 9 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 10 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners