Pete Allen to play jazz in Sidmouth and other news
Kennaway House cellar bar will host a solo jazz show by Pete Allen. Read this and more.
SAFE AND WELL: A missing elderly man from Sidmouth whose search involved a police helicopter on Friday has been found safe and well.
The search started at 12 noon and concluded at 1pm.
CHARITY HIKE: Adventurers are wanted to take part in a charity night hike across Dartmoor.
You may also want to watch:
The Midnight Madness event, which is being held in aid of the Fisherman’s Mission charity, and takes place on July 21.
For more information call 0800 634 1020 or email email@example.com.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 5 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 6 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 7 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 8 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 9 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 10 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
OTTERTON SHOP: There has been an inaugural meeting of the Village Shop Committee under Mrs Viv Price.
It follows a town vote where most villagers supported the idea for a shop in the village.
DONKEY CANCELLATION: The Donkey Sanctuary are rejoicing after news that a Texan donkey roping event, scheduled for June 23, has been cancelled following complaints.
CONCERT: Ottery St Mary Silver Band starts its summer season next week with a free concert at Connaught Gardens on Thursday, June 28 at 7.45pm. Further concerts with “music to suit all tastes” are planned for Thursday, July 26, and August 16 and 30.
FIBROMYALGIA SUPPORT: East Devon Fibromyalgia Support Group meets every third Friday of the month at Twyford House in Coburg Road from 2-4pm. Each session costs �5. Contact Angela on 01395 519366 for information.
FUNNY JAZZ: Kennaway House cellar bar will host a solo jazz show by Pete Allen on Sunday, July 8, from 3pm until 5.30pm. The artist is billed as an “honorary citizen of New Orleans and one of the top eight jazz musicians in Europe”. Organisers predict “an entertaining mix of jazz and humour”. Tickets priced at �7 are available on the door.
FUN RUN: Sidmouth Primary School is holding a one-mile fun run in The Byes this Sunday, starting from the Toll House. Entry is �2.50. Every child gets a medal and there is a prize for the most sponsorship raised.