Pets rescued by fire fighters following Ottery kitchen fire
- Credit: Archant
A dog and two rabbits have been rescued by firefighters after a fire started in a kitchen in Ottery.
Crews from Ottery, Honiton and Middlemoor were sent to Butts Road shortly before midday after smoke and flames was seen coming from the property and a smoke detector had been activated.
The occupants was out of the property at the time when crews arrived and rescued the animals from the premise.
A Devon and Somerset Fire Service spokesman said the fire was started accidentally and involved a gas hob and cooking oils.
The fire was put out by 12.33pm using breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet and safety jet. Crews then used a fan to ventilate the property.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said: “For a second time today, a fully working smoke detector raised the alarm to neighbours to a fire in a property where the occupants were out.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge